New Test Truck Has ArrivedDecember 6, 2018
Look out Fort Worth; our new test truck has arrived! JP Bowlin will now be running both trucks pictured (our new truck is in the front; our old truck is in the back.) The new truck has a weight cart which will make calibrations much easier and much more efficient. Happy early Christmas to us; it’s all we’ve been wishing for!
Another Day in Scale RepairNovember 29, 2018
ThankfulNovember 22, 2018
Nine Band Brewing Grain Storage Tank InstallNovember 15, 2018
Recently we installed a new grain storage tank for Nine Band Brewing, a craft beer company based in Allen, at their new brewery location at the Osage Casino in Tulsa. Nine Band Brewing will use it to store the grain needed to brew small batches of beer on-site. The tank has stainless steel weld-sealed load cells to protect from the elements and a panel mounted indicator inside the brewery with a batching and filling program with set points. The program can dispense a specific amount of grain by turning on a motor to run an auger and dispense the amount of grain required into separate brew tanks.
Pennsylvania Scale Drum Bunny – Ideal for MovementNovember 8, 2018
The Pennsylvania Scale Drum Bunny is a mobile weighing solution that is ideal for applications that require frequent assessment for accurate filling/inventory and movement from one location to another. With this you simply place the drum or container on the weighing platform to weigh it while enjoying the added efficiency of moving it to its desired location. The unique, low profile platform and three load cell design of the Drum Bunny allows it to adapt to uneven floors without needing to unload/reset/reload. The design also provides superior accuracy, avoids the time-consuming setup of traditional four-point scales and eliminates the need for repeated calibration.
Putting Halloween to the TestOctober 31, 2018
JP Bowlin is putting Halloween to the test with Ametek. Make sure that your materials testing equipment is up to the latest international standards with us, and have a Happy Halloween!
Let’s Load Test 50,000 PoundsOctober 25, 2018
Recently we did a load test on a crane to 50,000 pounds. The weight of our test cart plus the additional weights we stacked on the deck allowed the crane to lift 50,000 pounds, ensuring that it could withstand that load safely. Please let us know how we can assist with your crane load test or any other weight or measurement needs.
Test Truck Sneak PeakOctober 18, 2018
Here is a sneak peak of our brand new heavy duty test truck. It carries a custom test cart inside that has been modified to make adding or removing test weights easier and with special attachment points for chains to do load tests on cranes safely. Our newest heavy capacity test truck will join our fleet in November.
Embedded Calibration TeamOctober 11, 2018
We are now embedded at multiple customers in the DFW area. These customers save money by outsourcing their calibrations to us. They use our ISO, our labor and, in some cases, our standards, and they don’t have to hire a team of people or buy their own standards. We basically manage their calibrations for them – everything from the work itself to the paperwork that keeps them in compliance. Let us know if you are interested in having an embedded JPB calibration team work for you; we’re happy to help save you time and money!
2,000 EasyCal Calibration Agreements in TexasOctober 4, 2018
We just surpassed 2,000 EasyCal calibration agreements in Texas! As a single source calibration provider, our EasyCal calibration agreement program saves our customers time and money by having us manage all calibrations. The EasyCal program handles a wide range of devices, industries and locations.
- Priority Service and Support – You will have our highest priority status when a service call is needed. You will have our highest priority phone and e-mail support for questions and troubleshooting.
- Flexible Scheduling – You decide how frequently your equipment will be calibrated – yearly, monthly, etc. A month before your calibations start, we’ll set up a date and time to perform them.
- Online Portal – EasyCal calibration agreement customers receive 24/7 access to our secure, online certificate portal, CertFlo, where all calibration certificates are saved.
- Agreements, not Contracts – We’ll work from a calibration list; either you may send us one, or we’ll walk your facility together and create one. We’ll have a signed written agreement with you. Agreements are usually for two years, but aren’t contracts so may be cancelled with written notice.
- Choice of Locations – Calibrations can be done on-site or at our calibration lab.
- Fixed Price – Billing occurs after service has been completed. Prices won’t go up unless additional equipment is added to the agreement.
Read more about our Easy Cal Program.