Happy Father’s DayJune 14, 2018
“I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by the little scraps of wisdom.” Umberto Eco
Industrial Scale Service and Repair Technician WantedJune 8, 2018
JP Bowlin is looking for an Industrial Scale Service and Repair Technician with experience or related experience willing to be trained in our industry to join our team. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay, production bonuses, commission and extensive benefits package which include vacation, sick, and personal time off. We provide medical, dental, life and long term care benefits along with a 401k plan with company matching. JP Bowlin is dedicated to the well-being of its employees; offering a workplace that promotes safety, integrity, and respect. Come be part of our team!
About the Position:
The Industrial Scale Service and Repair Technician focuses on the repair and calibration of industrial scales such as used manufacturing, production, quality control, and laboratory environments.
- Experienced or Posses Strong Mechanical/Electronic Skills and willing to be Trained
- Independently diagnosis, repair and/or calibrate all types of Electronic Scales and mechanical scales.
- Experience repairing or calibrating Tank & Hopper Systems, Truck Scales, Counting & Floor Scales, Lab Balances, In-Motion Checkweigher’s and Process Control Systems.
- Handle multiple work environments – adapting to both Laboratory and Industrial environments
- Work in an ISO structured environment where quality is the focus
- Collect, compile, and measure data to support calibration traceability documentation/certificates
- Understand and follow work instructions
- High School Degree
- Experience in performing repair and service on Industrial Equipment and/or scales
- Must have clean driving record with a CDL or ability to attain with in one year.
- Must be capable of passing pre-employment checks (drug and background)
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- No physical limitations of your hands, arms ,back, or legs
- Proficient use of computers and other electronic data collecting devices
- Speak and write clearly with attention to detail
- Must be able to perform basic math skills
- Capable of successfully passing all testing requirements of company and required regulatory agencies
- Use of hand tools
- Understand the basics of trouble shooting
- Not afraid of heights or confined spaces
- Team Player
Experience that will set you apart from other applicants:
- Industry training on Mettler Toledo, Weigh-tronix, Fairbanks or Rice Lake products
- Strong Mechanical or Electronic aptitude
- Military Training in repairs, calibrations or equivalent training
- Worked within an ISO Quality Systems
- Experience in troubleshooting/programming PLC’s
- Experience working in repairing industrial equipment
- Proficiency in use of laptops and/or data collection devices
- Ability to understand electric circuits, theory, and schematics
- Knowledge of interfaces: RS232, RS485, 4-20 Analog, Ethernet IP, Wireless (RF)
- The ability to weld, use grinder, cutting torch, drill, drill press, and moving large heavy machinery
Pay range: Depending on Experience Plus bonus, commission, truck & benefits
All inquiries will be kept confidential. Please email resume and desired hourly wage to Stoney@jpbowlin.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Repair and service on Commercial and/or Industrial Equipment: 1 year
- High school
Custom B-tek Truck Scales Installed in Time and on BudgetJune 7, 2018
Recently our service team, with the assistance of Eric at B-tek, worked over the weekend to remove an old scale, redo the approaches and install a custom B-tek truck scale. No need for our customer to worry about the two day turnaround as we got it done on time and in budget. Another happy customer! Thankful for our great service team at JP Bowlin!!
Your Single Source PartnerMay 31, 2018
Our goal has always been to be a “single source” partner for the weighing and measurement needs of our customers. We offer 24/7/365 repair (in house and on site) and calibration services (in house, on site and embedded). We provide a safety focused team with historically one of the lowest EMR ratings in the industry who are licensed by the State of Texas Department of Weights and Measures as well as $6,000,000 of liability insurance. We are compliant with the Texas Department of Agriculture’s Legal for Trade scale requirements and have over $250,000 worth of authentic replacement parts in stock. Please contact us if we can assist with your weighing, force measurement or material testing needs.
Minebea Intec: An Expert in Weighing and Inspection SystemsMay 24, 2018
From food processing and pharmaceuticals to chemicals and recycling, JP Bowlin’s partner Minebea Intec is an expert of safe and reliable weighing and inspection systems. Watch this video to learn more about their mission and to see what has driven them for almost 150 years.
Hygienic Design Prevents ContaminationMay 17, 2018
In the food production industry, product contamination by microorganisms such as bacteria or fungi presents a potential and omnipotent risk. It is therefore important to prevent any type of contamination and to facilitate its removal. The public’s access to multimedia also makes it more sensitive to the importance of hygienic design. This is why more and more facility and machine builders as well as manufacturers of individual components of these face this increasing challenge.
Minebea Intec’s latest White Paper “Hygienic Design” provides a comprehensive overview of the basics and guidelines for open processes in food production, including design examples and recommendations.
Happy Mother’s Day!May 12, 2018
Happy Mother’s Day from all of us at JP Bowlin; may you be everything your own mother hoped you would grow up to be.
B-Tek Scales Recognizes JP BowlinMay 3, 2018
JP Bowlin was recently recognized as one of the highest volume floor scale distributors for B-TEK Scales in North America in 2017. From the industry standard 4’ X 4’, 5,000 lb capacity to custom sizes, capacities and accessories, JP Bowlin can meet any floor scale need with a durable, American made B-TEK floor scale. We keep multiple floor scales in stock at each of our locations for quick delivery, and we can custom design floor scales that will work in almost any environment or application.
Airline Cargo Scales Available NowApril 26, 2018
According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), more than 52 million metric tons of goods were transported by airlines in 2016. All of those products need to be weighed during shipment, and that’s where JP Bowlin comes in! We have partnered with B-TEK Scales to create durable, high quality cargo scales for airports all over North America. These scales are NTEP approved, legal for trade and may be made in a variety of sizes, capacities and colors. Often accessories including ramps, bumper guards and remote displays are included with these American-made cargo scales. Contact us to discuss your cargo scale needs today.
Lloyd Instruments Introduces VE1 ExtensometerApril 19, 2018
Lloyd Instrument’s VE1 extensometer offers high resolution measurement, simple preparations and an intuitive user interface. The video extensometer measures longitudinal strain between two applied lines at a rate of up to 100 Hz. The strain data is synchronized and transferred to NEXYGENPlus software.
Strains from 20 um/m up to more than 1000% can be measured. System calibration provides measurements from a few millimeters to multiple meters.
The VE1 video extensometer saves images during the tensile test and can be used until sample break. It is available in six sizes, has a large application area and can test a wide range of materials including metals, rigid plastics, composites, ceramics, thick films and more in both ambient and non-ambient temperature conditions.